Stuff I use
Looks like a /uses page is trending. This page is meant to give some detail about what my home and work setup looks like: the hardware I use and of course what software is running on it.
My homebuilt desktop computer is a combination of newer parts and pieces from older builds. I’m using it for everything except work-related tasks.
- Jonsbo W2 case
- MSI Z170A Tomahawk AC motherboard
- Intel® Core™ i7-6700K processor
- 16GB memory
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 graphics card
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (linux)
- Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (windows, for gaming)
Dell XPS 13 9300 provided by Combell
This is mainly used for my system engineering work at Combell. As I don’t have a personal laptop I sometimes use it at home when I’m too lazy to get out of the couch.
- Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 processor
- 16GB memory
- 512GB vMME disk
Most of these are connected to both my desktop and work laptop.
- Roccat Kone mouse
- Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro L keyboard with Cherry MX Red switches
- 2x iiyama Black Hawk 1080p LCD screens
- RØDE NT-USB microphone mounted on PSA1 with SM6.
- Logitech Brio webcam
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones
- Dell WD19 docking station
Most of the software I use is open source:
- Arch linux
- Gnome desktop environment
- Firefox web browser
- Neovim text editor
- Alacritty terminal emulator
- Restic for backups
- Inkscape and Gimp
- KeepassXC password manager
Sadly, for gaming I still use Windows.